- What’s the Big Hairy Audacious Goal my company is going to achieve? –From Good to Great
- What’s the one goal I want to accomplish this year… and what will I do to accomplish them? 4 Disciplines of Execution
- What are the three channels I’m going to use to penetrate the market. --Traction
- How do I say what we sell crystal clear? -E-Myth
- How do I take out the fat of work, how do I stop wasting so many resources? -2 Second Lean
- How do I manage my team better and make better goals? --Rockefeller Habits 2.0
- We get rid of busy, manual tasks with software that does it automatically
- Make software and systems “talk” to one another to streamline workflows
- Give instant access to needed, critical info about your company from one screen
Innovation – The original meaning of innovation is renewal. That’s all that innovation really does. It renews how we do tasks and live our lives. Think of travel. Technology continuously renewed how we travel. First, there were horse-drawn carriages. Then cars. Then planes. Then rockets that can land themselves. These innovations simply renewed how we traveled. HingePoint does the same thing, but with how our customers work. We renew or reinvent how customers use technology and work so they can get more done with their resources. With innovation guiding us, we give customers valuable solutions, measurable results, and peace of mind.
Integrity – Furthermore, if we cannot take an honest look at what is preventing customers from working on what matters, how are we going to reinvent how our customers use technology? More importantly, ethical business practices not only drive how we work with our customers, but how we work with each other at HingePoint. That’s why every morning we have a mistakes discussion. We hop on a call, go over key metrics and discuss what we could have done better the day before, and how to correct it. Our goal is to be honest with one another and gain an honest perspective of our customer’s goals. This takes true integrity.
Leadership – We believe to truly be a leader, you need to possess objective and expert advce, hard to find knowledge and skills. It takes true leadership to help a company transform how they work, especially if they have been working a certain way for many years. We help companies do something they’ve never done before. It takes trust, perseverance and leadership to get you there.
Service – Service is a keystone to any great organization. We are nonexistent without our customers. They keep us in business and we are here to serve them. It’s our job. That means we need to be flexible, have easy and collaborative relationships that serve clients, partners, and associates.
Do As You Say – How many companies exist that do not deliver on their brand promise? What companies exist that can’t fulfill their promise they made to customers. We are not an exception. We do what we say. If we say you are going to get ROI on our products and services, you’re going to get ROI. Our word is our bond, both internally and with clients. It’s how we show respect and allows us to be responsive, timely, prepared and to follow through.
Excellence –Often, we as humans put unrealistic expectations on ourselves. We know we will never reach perfection. In lieu of never reaching absolute perfection, HingePoint employees have made a deal that we will strive for it. While pursuing perfection we will reach some form of excellence that we did not know we could accomplish. This attitude leaves our team wanting to do more, and this philosophy creates great results for our customers by simply asking about our work, “Is this excellent or is it not?”
HingePoint Byline: HingePoint 2300 McDermott Road STE 200-235, Plano, TX 75025 (214) 301-0000 www.hingepoint.com HingePoint provides AutoDesk, BIM and Revit consulting & services for the AEC industry with development & integration of AutoDesk products with enterprise systems. As members of the AutoDesk Development Network, we are a trusted partner with over 25 years experience of systems development and integration work in the AEC industry. We support development of Autodesk products including AutoCAD, Revit, M, BIM360 and are experts in integrating with enterprise systems including Salesforce, SharePoint & Office365. Our clients range from top hotel brands and restaurant chains to AEC firms and real estate developers and Facilities Management. We provide BIM with ROI. Results Guaranteed...Literally Guaranteed. [post_title] => HingePoint Values Guide Our Work [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => open [post_password] => [post_name] => hingepoint-values-guide-our-work [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-03-24 14:03:03 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-03-24 19:03:03 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.hingepoint.com/?p=12109 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 12101 [post_author] => 3 [post_date] => 2016-10-06 15:00:09 [post_date_gmt] => 2016-10-06 20:00:09 [post_content] => Want to get rid of busywork? Let’s start with the 80/20-Rule. Your company or boss makes the assumption that you are 80% productive. Roughly 20% of your time is from meetings and some of the busywork that comes with any job. If more than 20% of your time is spent on busywork so that you can focus on high-value work…. Then uh-oh… Houston.. we have a problem. We need to identify what is blocking you from working on those higher functions. Or, as I like to say, the work that matters. Work that matters is the stuff that you SHOULD be working on. It’s the actual deliverable your customer or boss wants from you. We have hundreds of exercises we take our customers through. We call it an Idea Lab in The HingePoint Way. The first step is identifying the problem. We want to identify what is blocking you from the work that matters. Below are some general questions that could help you identify this… and identify where you fall on the oversimplified workflow. --------- Although I cannot take you through the exercises in this blog, we have a few general questions HingePoint looks for when consulting a client. Are you doing redundant work? Redundant work most often comes in the form of entering data in multiple systems. For example, we had a client that would enter financial data for their portfolio into a PDF and then again into an Excel Spreadsheet. Do you have to search for data? Do you have all the data to make decisions at your fingertips? Or must you hunt for this data? Why isn’t a device collecting this for you? Why is the data not already stored in one place? Are you doing the work of a human? Check out our oversimplified workflow post to learn more. Are you doing the work that a device or system should be doing to finish your work? What do you want? Based on these questions and answers, what do you want technology to do for you? If we were in a perfect work, what would technology do for you? ---------- The ultimate goal is to go to war on anything that blocks you from working on what matters. Once you understand the redundant and busywork that you don't want to do, you can begin asking, "Okay, so how can technology solve this?
HingePoint 2300 McDermott Road STE 200-235, Plano, TX 75025 (214) 301-0000 www.hingepoint.com HingePoint provides AutoDesk, BIM and Revit consulting & services for the AEC industry with development & integration of AutoDesk products with enterprise systems. As members of the AutoDesk Development Network, we are a trusted partner with over 25 years experience of systems development and integration work in the AEC industry. We support development of Autodesk products including AutoCAD, Revit, M, BIM360 and are experts in integrating with enterprise systems including Salesforce, SharePoint & Office365. Our clients range from top hotel brands and restaurant chains to AEC firms and real estate developers and Facilities Management. We provide BIM with ROI. Results Guaranteed...Literally Guaranteed. [post_title] => Learn this Simple Rule to Identify Busywork [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => open [post_password] => [post_name] => simple-rule-to-identify-busywork [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-03-24 14:03:03 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-03-24 19:03:03 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.hingepoint.com/?p=12101 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw ) ) [post_count] => 10 [current_post] => -1 [in_the_loop] => [post] => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 13902 [post_author] => 3 [post_date] => 2018-02-08 07:51:42 [post_date_gmt] => 2018-02-08 13:51:42 [post_content] => I’m calling 2018 the year of cloud, mobile, and analytics for the construction and real estate industry. Why? Because of the great potential, these technologies offer to help our clients grow profitably. Do you agree? Are they a part of your company’s 2018 plans? The good news is these capabilities are widely accessible. But in this construction boom (at least in Texas and Dallas, where we are from), we find that most construction and real estate firms are riding the wave; they have tons of work, are wildly successful, and even flush with cash. When I speak to CEOs, however, they face 3 main problems. Do any of these apply to you?
- You're growing so fast you don’t have time to focus on technology. Let me guess: you're growing so fast you don’t have time to focus on technology tools? And you fear your competitors are getting ahead in construction tech?
- You're successful, but you know you're inefficient. You're probably aware that if your business automated all the wasteful busywork and you had great cloud, mobile, and analytics, you could scale faster with greater profit? In other words, you're leaving money on the table!
- Super Hero employees are saving the day. Your employees are overwhelmed with the fast pace, and it takes heroics to keep your business running. You're vulnerable to employee burn out, them jumping to competitors, or you're having trouble attracting young talent that want (and expect) mobile tools like they use for everything (everything but your company).
- Sales and Estimating – it’s all about top-line revenue, right? We have tools that automate the work and reporting for development pipelines, deal-flow, and construction bidding and estimating.
- Project Dashboards – if all work is broken into projects, you'd better know the status of all your projects (it's your life-blood). We have tons of tools to manage construction projects, share documents, manage tasks, and stay in scope, on schedule, and in budget, keeping you profitable!
- Financials – it’s all about the money, right? Automate reports of forecast vs. actual budgets, and hold the line on profit by staying on top of all and any issues impacting your bottom line.
- It puts our money where our mouth is. We actually lose money in the short run! But, we are so confident that you will get results. We're betting on ourselves that our Partners (our #1 core value - you) will work with us in the long run.
- We want to make it very easy and low risk to try out our new solutions.