- Why automation might enhance the game
- Common workflows used in weekly scoreboard and huddle activities
- Who benefits from automation
- Tip 1 – Office 365 for Excel
- Tip 2 – Office 365 SharePoint
- Tip 3 – Power BI Scoreboards
- Tip 4 – Systems Integration
Why AutomateWe know sharing financial data is a big deal. Financial literacy can change your company. Ask yourself these questions:
- Is our financial forecasting efficient?
- Is our financial reporting secure?
Business benefits of automation may include:
- Reduce the necessary level of effort = productivity, efficiency, speed
- Reduce errors = credibility, trust, quality
- Widely distributed information = adoption, empowerment
- Visualization = insight, meaning, trends
- Better results = profit and bigger bonuses
- Cultural fit – mobile, tech-savvy users may prefer digital scoreboards
Common Financial Forecasting WorkflowsIn many organizations we see the financial reporting and forecasting working something like the follow. How does it work in your company?
- Actual financial results are reported weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually from the accounting team using the financial management system.
- Export financial statements to Excel for:
- Profit & Loss reports
- Income Statements – cash flow
- Balance Sheet statements for assets and liabilities
- Staff and teams update and reforecast critical numbers in Excel
- Teams review and approve the forecasts
- Huddle – teams post the forecast and actuals on a Whiteboard physical Scoreboard in a team room
- Everyone follows the action in the weekly and monthly huddle
- Optional – some teams project the Excel forecast onto a projector screen for the huddle
Who Benefits from Automation?There are a number of people and departments groups that can be big beneficiaries of automation tools, that go beyond the business benefits listed in the introduction. We find the following groups have a lot to gain:
- Financial Department – if automation can help with the work associated with weekly financial reporting and distributing that information across the company, that would help lighten the load often placed on the finance team
- Forecasters – each of the employees responsible for forecasting a critical number and streamline the time they spend analyzing and updating their forecast if the data and reporting was automated at some lever. Also, the teams and managers that help collaborate to review the forecast can streamline the steps using software automation in many cases.
- Everyone – all employees across the company can using digital score boards to follow the action and carry the information around with them on their devices, or project them on screens around the facility so the data is available everyone, any time, from any location, not just those in the break room where the white boards are
Tip #1 – Office 365 Excel OnlineOur number one recommendation for automation is to move from Excel on the desktop or laptop, and shift to using Office 365 version of Excel that works on a web browser or mobile device. Here are some things that are possible with Office 365 Excel online:
- Co-Author in Excel – you can have many simultaneous users working in the same spreadsheet document. This allows for parallel workflows not sequential routing of documents and versions.
- Entire team or company can be reading off one spreadsheet
- Works in a Browser/App/Device
- Anywhere access
- Collaboration with teams and reviewers can post notes, write comments, or share information
- Example – finance can send out the updated actual data with the old forecast. Everyone in the company can review it and update their numbers in one spreadsheet
- Tutorial – watch this short 0:48 Second Tutorial on how it works >>
Do You Own Office 365?Here is how you check:
- Go to http://office.com
- Login with your company username and password you use at work
- If you can login, you have Office 365! If you cannot, you can ask your IT department to purchase it for you. It costs about the same as the old desktop office license
- Do you see Excel or SharePoint on the list of Apps like shown here? If so, you'll want Excel and SharePoint for the rest of this User Guide
Tip 2 – Office 365 SharePointSharePoint is a powerful tool that you probably already own if you have Office 365. It comes free with the Enterprise license. Here are some great ways you can use it to help manage and optimize and automate the business processes that deal with financial data and financial cost management.
- SharePoint is a website with document libraries and data views
- Perfect for company financial processes
- Financial actual data could be published to SharePoint List
- Forecasts could be updated on a SharePoint List
- SharePoint even syncs with Excel
- Project Budgets
- Forecast Hours
- Actual Hours
- Master Schedule Dates by Phase
- Actual Dates (because on schedule often means on budget)
- All the ingredients required for Job Cost data
Tip 3 – BI Scoreboards
- BI = Business Intelligence – and it is a type of software automation tool that helps people understanding the Score Board information and what it means
- Helps with Financial Literacy and rolling out open book management
- Analytics help you to analyze the data, ask it “what if” questions, or to spot trends and outlier costs
- Solve problems using data by researching the detail behind the numbers
- Works on mobile devices, is usually dynamically updated and is secure so only the right people see the right data
- Drill down, roll up, slice and dice data in new ways not possible before, at the click of a button or filter
- BI tools are built on Excel, SharePoint and other systems of record
- Microsoft Power BI or Tableau are the 2 most commonly used BI tools
- Income by month and income metrics
- Expenses by category for the time period
- Net Operating Income vs. the forecast, by month
- Net Income vs the forecast by month
- Cash Flow statements by month
- Cash balances – cash is king! Follow the trends carefully
- Assets and Liabilities by month
- Balance Sheet by month so you know where you stand at all times
Tip 4 – Systems Integration
- Use software to process data and share it across the job functions that need it
- Eliminate manual data collection and analysis
- Let the computers do the busy work and the people play the game
- Get systems to “talk to one another” to eliminate redundancy
- Tip – only 1 System of Record per piece of data
- Tip – Data should only be entered once in a company or it should be automatically captured and output from existing processes and tools
- CRM – marketing funnel data – integrate with your CRM and marketing platforms to track, report and manage information such as:
- touch points
- trade shows
- Sales – sales data can tell you a lot about the future. If you aren’t selling the future is bleak. If the sales funnel is healthy and growing, you may be on a financial upswing in revenue. Track some of these metrics:
- sales qualified leads
- Project Management + Financials = job cost control. Integrating project management and project job costs is critical.
- 1 Way Sync – Push data out of system automatically to another system so you can share the data across the enterprise, but you don’t have to pay more for more licenses of the software. This saves money in the long run.
- 2 Way Sync – Push and pull data in and out of systems automatically. This is when systems “talk to each other”. They are smart enough to send data out, let other review and approve it, and push the data back, with no manual work needed. This is very efficient and cost effective, and gets costs down to pennies per transaction.
About HingePointHingePoint offers cloud and mobile applications for construction and real estate that are easy to adopt and employees love. Specializing in the systems that run the construction and real estate business including SharePoint, Salesforce, Procore, MS Dynamics, Power BI, Microsoft Azure, and more. Scale and grow profitably with Financial and Project Management Dashboards with SharePoint, document management with SharePoint, and workflow automation for field to office collaboration. HingePoint 8105 Rasor Blvd. Suite 241 Plano, TX 75024 (214) 301-0000 www.hingepoint.com [post_title] => 4 Tips for Financial Forecasting Scoreboards with Office 365 SharePoint & Power BI [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => open [post_password] => [post_name] => financial-forecasting-score-boards-office365-sharepoint-powerbi [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-04-01 10:30:40 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-04-01 15:30:40 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.hingepoint.com/?p=14496 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 14490 [post_author] => 3 [post_date] => 2018-08-16 07:29:10 [post_date_gmt] => 2018-08-16 12:29:10 [post_content] => In this video demo we show you how we coded a SharePoint App Management Console that allows users to configure the API integration between SharePoint Document Libraries and Procore Document Modules for your projects. We walk you through the following steps in the demo:
- You start at the point after you have installed the custom Management Console App in your SharePoint site as a custom App.
- You start with a blank fresh Document Library in SharePoint that is empty
- You access the Management Console from the SharePoint left navigation
- We will provide you instructions on how to Authenticate the APIs with the Tenant ID for the API connector
- Your Company ID in Procore
- Your ProcessChildID in Procore
- The ProcoreSecret Id - the secret token to get the APIs to talk to one another
- Enter the Project ID
- Documents List of data
- Edit the Project Set Up
- Delete a project once it is complete or no longer needed
- Activate the Sync - to start the job to synchronize the files
- Deactivate the Sync - to temporarily pause to stop the job
- Manual Sync - wakes up the connector if it stopped due to a service outage or you suspect it isn't talking, you can kick it off here
- Meta data about each folder and file
- We can back up Procore in SharePoint
- We can automate data migration between Procore and SharePoint
- We can automate project set up from SharePoint to Procore
About HingePointHingePoint offers cloud and mobile applications for construction and real estate that are easy to adopt and employees love. Specializing in the systems that run the construction and real estate business including SharePoint, Salesforce, Procore, MS Dynamics, and Autodesk. Scale and grow profitably with Financial and Project Management Dashboards, document management, and workflow automation for field to office collaboration. HingePoint 8105 Rasor Blvd. Suite 241 Plano, TX 75024 (214) 301-0000 www.hingepoint.com [post_title] => Procore SharePoint Management Console Demo - API Integration [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => open [post_password] => [post_name] => sharepoint-procore-management-coonsole-api [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2019-05-17 12:05:56 [post_modified_gmt] => 2019-05-17 17:05:56 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.hingepoint.com/blog/sharepoint/sharepoint-procore-integration-live-demo-video-copy/ [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 14488 [post_author] => 3 [post_date] => 2018-08-13 13:28:41 [post_date_gmt] => 2018-08-13 18:28:41 [post_content] => Watch a live demonstration of how the Procore-SharePoint 2 Way Document Sync connector works. Many people love Procore for field construction management and many companies standardize their collaboration and document management on Microsoft SharePoint.
The Problem with Teams Working with both Tools - SharePoint and ProcoreWhere do you keep your documents? Some teams use Procore and some use SharePoint. Now you can integrate the teams together by keeping one set of documents synchronized between both Procore and SharePoint with a connector created by Dallas consulting firm HingePoint.
The Solution: Procore - SharePoint 2-Way Document Synch Connector and API IntegrationWatch the video demo that shows you in real team exactly how fast the synchronization between Procore and SharePoint works. The Demo Shows You How:
- Upload a file to SharePoint
- See the file synch in real time to Procore
- Upload a file to Procore
- See the file update in real time on SharePoint
- Rename a file on SharePoint
- It renames the file on Procore
- It updates the version number and meta data of the file after any action
- Rename a folder on Procore or SharePoint and it updates in both systems
- Delete a file from either SharePoint or Procore and it is deleted in both systems
- Data migration - to move data between platforms
- Back ups - back up a copy of all files on SharePoint from Procore
- Integrate 2 teams that use both platforms, and know you always have the latest version of all documents
About HingePointHingePoint offers cloud and mobile applications for construction and real estate that are easy to adopt and employees love. Specializing in the systems that run the construction and real estate business including SharePoint, Salesforce, Procore, MS Dynamics, and Autodesk. Scale and grow profitably with Financial and Project Management Dashboards, document management, and workflow automation for field to office collaboration. HingePoint 8105 Rasor Blvd. Suite 241 Plano, TX 75024 (214) 301-0000 www.hingepoint.com [post_title] => SharePoint Procore Integration Live Demo Video [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => open [post_password] => [post_name] => sharepoint-procore-integration-live-demo-video [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2019-05-17 12:06:38 [post_modified_gmt] => 2019-05-17 17:06:38 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.hingepoint.com/?p=14488 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 14485 [post_author] => 3 [post_date] => 2018-08-09 13:50:04 [post_date_gmt] => 2018-08-09 18:50:04 [post_content] => In this tutorial, construction managers will learn how to use SharePoint Online out of the box tools to manage all their critical project data. We will show in the video demonstration how to:
- Manage all your new projects estimating is bidding on in one SharePoint list
- Hand off new projects from Sales to Operations after the deal closes
- How Construction managers can see all their project data in one SharePoint project dashboard
- How to assign project team resources such as Project Managers, Superintendents and other team members automatically with automated email notifications
- Store all the projects in one simple location. no more scattered project data
- Speed up the hand-off process for new projects, no more forgetting to tell the team about the new project
- Automate notifications and project information as it goes out to new team members - no more errors and omitting people from the project communications
- Eliminate wasted time in communication project information - it is automatically sent out to everyone
- Works on Mobile for field teams and field-to-office collaboration with construction job sites
The 7 SharePoint Lessons in the Demo Video Are:
- Create a SharePoint site for Construction Projects
- How to Create a New Construction Project set up form in SharePoint
- Track new construction bids and estimates coming from business development
- Create automated email notification in Office365 from Estimating to Operations
- Construction Work log Dashboard of all active projects
- Assign Senior Managers, Project Managers, and Superintendents and notify everyone in real time
- Constructions teams manage and update their project data to everyone knows accurate status
Step 1 - Create a Construction Management Site in SharePointWe like to create a nice SharePoint site for the construction team, where they can easily manage all their projects. A good intranet page for the company can be used as the starting point for construction projects. On the screen below you see a link on the home page to all the Projects. This links to a site for both estimating to track pending jobs and construction managers to track active projects. This example is built in SharePoint online with a communication site template. When you click on Projects image, you link to the Work log site here:
Step 2 - Estimating and Bidding Construction Project SharePoint ListSales, estimating, and bidding can work on all prospective projects here. You can create a new project data list in SharePoint. Manage key metrics that drive business such as
- Track new construction projects
- Manage key revenue and client information
- Notify construction and field teams of new projects that are starting or pending
- Automate project hand offs between estimating, contracting and construction management
Step 3 -Track Pending Construction ProjectsWe demonstrate here all the data we track for a construction project. You configure any data your company needs in your SharePoint List. From the navigation bar you can do the following items with the project data: 1. Search all the construction jobs, by data field 2. Log a new job 3. Quick Edit allows you to edit all the project data all at once. Many users love this feature. 4. Flows - allows you to make "code-less" workflows in SharePoint Online, so no real code needs to be developed To start a new construction job clink the New Button. See the form pop up below you fill in: For Construction these are some recommended data fields you may want to track. You may add more or less, depending on how much info you like to collect. Typically we want the "minimum" amount needed so we don't slow down or over burden the construction teams with data entry and data management. Just the key metrics to make sure we are:
- On Schedule (this is everything in construction. Typically if you can stay on schedule, things are going well).
- On Budget (everyone wants to know if we are on budget and who's been paid)
Recommended Construction Project Data
- Project Name - create a good consistent naming scheme that will allow you to search and sort on projects
- Project # - get a good numbering scheme, one that ties to customers, projects, and financials
- Job Address - a location you can later use to plot on a map
- Owner Entity - owner of the project
- Customer PO Reference # - authorizing document from accounting and client
- Customer Contact
- Contact Email Address
- Contact Address
- Contact City/Zip
- Project Billing Date - we like to have a day the client committed to getting billed, and payment terms
- Booking Date - date project closed the sale
- Start Date - the date the client wants to start
- Completion Date - day project ends or is planned to end
- Division - if you have divisions in your company
- Job Type - we like to have categories of projects (small, medium, large. Or; software project, constructions project, marketing project)
- Billing Type
- Architect - who was the architect of the solution
- Job Size - some clients like to sort on job size
- Contract Amount (Pre-Tax) - total revenue
- Estimated Profit - make sure your plan for profitable work before it starts
- Full Time Supervision - does the project need full time or part time attention
- Project Difficulty - some clients rank projects on difficulty, either we need senior resources or junior resources, or a tough client
- Client Interaction - client notes
- Estimator - person that estimated the job so we can validate any assumptions they made on the job
Step 4 - Email NotificationsOutlook Email is a great way to quickly share project information. SharePoint can send a "notification" email to anyone you want when you "trigger" that notification within SharePoint. In this video demo, estimating sold a project and wants to notify construction teams about the new job. We walk you through a series of emails where we:
- Notify the construction manager of the new job
- The manager "confirms" they know about it
- Manager gets a confirmation email with a link to all the project information
- Estimating gets notified the construction team is ready for the kickoff
Step 5 - Active Construction Project Work Log DashboardPart of the workflow is to move the pending projects from Estimating over to Active projects on the Work Log for construction. We actually move all the data over to a new data SharePoint List called WorkLog. The project is also still back on the New Project List where you can delete it or treat it as an archive. Once it is active you want to notify all the construction team and they can click a Link back to the project to get all the information they need stored in one place in SharePoint. You can access the list from the Home Page under Manage Your Projects: The image is linked to the Project Dashboard Work log of all active construction jobs on this new list here:
Step 6 - Automatically Assign and Notify the Construction Resource AssignmentFrom this screen the construction manger can assign key resources to the project. We show here how to hand-off and assign the resources of:
- Senior Manager
- Project Manger
Step 7 - Manage Construction Projects Daily from the Work Log DashboardNow the Project Manager can see all the data they need about the project, as well as the date it was logged. The PMs can now take over and do what they do best and start to manage the scope, schedule and budget of the project. As they plan the work and "work the plan" The team enters updates to the budget, forecast and actual hours, etc. If they click the link in the email they go straight to the source of the information in SharePoint so everyone is on the "same page" with project information. We demonstrate how we set up a workflow that will notify the team members by email if there are any edits to the project information. This keeps everyone in synch, singing off the same song sheet, using the most up to date information. This is where the magic happens because SharePoint can elimiante a lot email and coordination meetings since everyone has accurate, up to date information, available from their phones, laptops, and any device, from any where. Here is a screen shot of what the Link in the mails goes to. A screen of all the project information in SharePoint. Construction Management in the 21st Century using some simple tools in SharePoint and Office365 were shown in the video demo. We showed how to automate many of the hand-offs, email notices, and sharing of information through the construction job life cycle. The benefits you will receive may include:
- Happy Construction Workers
- Better relationships between the field and office and between estimating and project management
- Less time wasted on busy work
- Fewer errors because people had accurate information on jobs
- Increased accountability between leadership and on the job teams
- Improved communication because of fewer breakdowns in keeping everyone up to date with notices
- Greater adoption of SharePoint and tools because they are easy and actually help people succeed
What is a SharePoint hub site in Office 365?SharePoint hub sites enable you to organize your intranet by associating multiple team sites and communication sites together in SharePoint. Hub sites provide common navigational structure, look and feel, and search across associated sites. You can use SharePoint Online hub sites in Office 365 to organize concepts, teams, divisions, or resources throughout your organization, making it easier to:
Search across all associated sites
Discover related content, such as news and other site activities
- Apply common navigation and branding across associated sites
Searching for content across the SharePoint hubWhen you search from a SharePoint hub site, content on the current hub site, as well as content on any associated sites, is displayed in the results. Users searching for items will only see results for which they have access to. This feature greatly simplifies the process of managing what information users have access to.
FAQsQ: When can I expect to see SharePoint hub sites appear in my Office 365 tenant? A: SharePoint hub sites with begin rolling out to Office 365 First Release customers in the first half of 2018. Q: Can I join one SharePoint hub site under another hub site? A: No, you won't be able to join a SharePoint hub site to another hub site. Q: Can a team site or a communication site be joined to more than one SharePoint hub site? A: No. It will only be possible to join a site to one hub site at a time. It is possible to link to various unjoined sites in the top navigation. And it will be possible, within seconds, to join and/or unjoin a site as the business changes. Q: Can a hub site replace my current organizational portal? A: Hub sites are designed to let you dynamically organize closely-related sites, bringing together similar projects, binding related assets, and presenting common activity. Customers with portals that include customization beyond the web parts and extensions that the SharePoint Framework currently supports are likely to continue using the SharePoint publishing infrastructure, which continues to be fully supported in both SharePoint Server On-Premises and SharePoint Online. Q: When should I use a team site? When should I use a communication site? A: Your SharePoint team site lets you share content, knowledge, news, and apps with your group as you collaborate on a project. A communication site lets you tell your story, share your work, and showcase your product across the organization.
What's NextWe can't wait to start planning and constructing solutions with SharePoint hub sites in 2018. HingePoint believes hub sites will be most valuable in an intranet scenario because of the navigation abilities of cross-site collections that have been lacking in previous SharePoint versions. If you're trying to customize SharePoint hubs to meet your organization's unique needs, we'd love to hear what you're looking to accomplish! Feel free to start a live chat with our solution consultant on this page, email us, or call us at (214) 301-0000 to get started today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgeYRrKB5U8 --
About HingePointHingePoint offers cloud and mobile applications for construction and real estate that are easy to adopt and employees love. Specializing in the systems that run the construction and real estate business including SharePoint, Salesforce, Procore, MS Dynamics, and Autodesk. Scale and grow profitably with Financial and Project Management Dashboards, SharePoint document management, and workflow automation for field to office collaboration. HingePoint 8105 Rasor Blvd. Suite 241 Plano, TX 75024 (214) 301-0000 www.hingepoint.com [post_title] => What is a SharePoint Hub Site? [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => open [post_password] => [post_name] => what-is-a-sharepoint-hub-site [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2019-03-12 10:51:00 [post_modified_gmt] => 2019-03-12 15:51:00 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.hingepoint.com/?p=14259 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 14266 [post_author] => 3 [post_date] => 2018-03-29 23:29:36 [post_date_gmt] => 2018-03-30 04:29:36 [post_content] =>
Construction Project Management: Stop Using SpreadsheetsHaving and maintaining accurate, up-to-date employee data is crucial in the construction business. If your business is rapidly growing (like so many other construction companies in the Dallas area where HingePoint is headquartered) and you’re onboarding employees, vendors, and contractors, accurate data on who your employees are and what they are working on is critical for success. Although it sounds like a simple task, project management for construction companies can be quite challenging and lead to more serious issues if not managed properly.
The Spreadsheet ProblemMany of our clients in the construction industry previously used Excel spreadsheets to manage their financial data, employee data, project status, and assets. Some were using old versions of SharePoint with unorganized data. When working with software and older systems, data about employees are prone to be full of errors (out-dated and inaccurate). The trick is to get up-to-date, accurate information out of your data management system instead of old, error-prone data. Spreadsheets are great tools for handling smaller and more manageable datasets. But what happens when you start hiring 10, 100, or even 500 employees at a time while managing employee data in a spreadsheet or in multiple, unstructured databases? It gets unmanageable - fast. As your construction business grows, more departments need human resource employee data because more information is attached to each employee. And soon, just having the right name, address, phone number, and social security number across the enterprise become more challenging if you don’t have the right controls and organization. If this data is in an actual spreadsheet, then anyone can enter and change data in that workbook. (See: Why spreadsheets don’t manage big data sets well)
The SituationFor example, a manager could get access to a Human Resource spreadsheet with employee names and other important information. Let’s say the manager has an employee named Suzanne, but she likes to be called Suzy. The manager changes the data because they can and there are no restrictions preventing it. But there is a big problem. Now the source data – the system of record – is not consistent/accurate. Suzanne will be called different names in different versions of spreadsheets. (Check out our FREE eBook on The Secret To Systems Integration: The System Of Record.) Throw time in there, too. Perhaps “Suzy” is a contractor who is keeping her time in a spreadsheet that gets sent to her manager. The manager sends Suzanne’s hours and all contractors to Human Resources so they can get paid. The manager’s project data is being merged with HR’s data. The problem is that we have two different names in the system. “Suzanne” and “Suzy”. No VLOOKUP formula or Pivot Table is going to solve this. It’s going to take someone to manually go in and fix the data. This might not seem like a big deal, but as the company grows, these smaller errors will multiply in other departments. Once this happens, the employee data cannot be trusted, and it will take a lot of manual work to fix the errors each pay period. The data problems can become so big that businesses end up just not trusting their data, causing a lot of rework, manual data entry, etc.
The SolutionA lot of construction companies we work with the hope that the software an IT company is going to install will solve the data problem. Unfortunately, this just adds another layer of complexity to the original problem. The problem that needs to be solved is how you're going to clean up your data, actually collecting it, and then showing it in a way that lets you see the data in a new light. Ideally, you want to make decisions with information that automatically reports to you. Seeing year-over-year and month-to-month views of data can quickly identify trends. With the right devices collecting the data and the right systems transposing it into information, humans can focus on making strategic decisions that will make their customers happy. That is how technology should work. And that what HingePoint can help you acheive! If you're looking to solve your company's HR and Project Management employee data problem, we'd love to hear what you're looking to accomplish! Feel free to start a live chat with our solution consultant on this page, email us, or call us at (214) 301-0000 to get started today. --
About HingePointHingePoint offers cloud and mobile applications for construction and real estate that are easy to adopt and employees love. Specializing in the systems that run the construction and real estate business including SharePoint, Salesforce, Procore, MS Dynamics, and Autodesk. Scale and grow profitably with Financial and Project Management Dashboards, document management, and workflow automation for field to office collaboration. HingePoint 8105 Rasor Blvd. Suite 241 Plano, TX 75024 (214) 301-0000 www.hingepoint.com [post_title] => Best Practices for Construction Companies to Control Employee Data [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => open [post_password] => [post_name] => best-practices-for-construction-companies-to-control-employee-data [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-04-01 09:20:44 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-04-01 14:20:44 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.hingepoint.com/?p=14266 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 14234 [post_author] => 3 [post_date] => 2018-03-13 10:00:31 [post_date_gmt] => 2018-03-13 15:00:31 [post_content] =>
With the seamless integration of Office 365 and SharePoint Online, Microsoft has breathed new life into SharePoint, one of the most used platforms for collaboration, document management, team collaboration, IT support, web portals, project management, financial reporting, forms routing, and much more. The problem is very few companies take the time to maximize what Office 365 can do!
SharePoint Online improvements over the last year include upgrades that drastically impact users in terms of transporting cloud-based Office 365 capabilities onto the SharePoint platform. HingePoint identifies a few improvements we use to get the most out of Office 365 and SharePoint.
- The ability to leverage Office 365 Groups, which deliver a means of group communication, is a solid alternative to popular messaging applications, such as Slack. Using Groups gives your team the ability to view, edit, share all group files, view and schedule group meetings with ease allowing for better communications among team members. [Read more about custom integrations and consulting for Microsoft Teams here.]
- Using Microsoft Planner to your company’s teams or groups to create multiple task lists associated with different projects or daily to-dos. Microsoft Planner has many of the same filtering capabilities as SharePoint lists, so it is a niche replacement for tools that previously had to be built from scratch or customized from other list templates. Read more about Microsoft Planner here.
- The new workflow capabilities of Microsoft Flow feature code-free interaction with hundreds of third-party services such as Salesforce, Zendesk, Facebook, Twitter, OneDrive, SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics, and more. Microsoft Flow puts real power in the hands of regular users by easily connecting and automating services vital to your business.
- SECURITY: Limit who, outside your organization, gets to see your content. Granting external access in SharePoint Online is a breeze and no longer a time-consuming inconvenience. Simply connect a Microsoft account to their company e-mail or create guest links to give users access to folders, individual files, and sites within your environment. Don't want anyone with a gmail account to have access, no problem! Share your content with a specific group of people in your organization by setting permissions through Active Directory Security Groups. Use policies that will allow or block certain user behavior (such as documents with credit card info or employee salaries). Create a policy that blocks people from sharing that kind of information between one another.
- A new layout that includes rich text, images, videos, news, highlighted content, customizable dashboard, and recent site activity allows for a more mobile-friendly content display. Mobile SharePoint access used to be a nightmare due to the lack of responsive You can now access SharePoint from anywhere and communicate with your team remotely to get more work done with ease.
- Embedding Power BI reports to a SharePoint page - display charts, dashboards, reports, KPIs, etc. on your SharePoint site to make the information readily available to users. Additionally, the analysis/metrics tools are now available within the program instead of having to import them; so significant time is saved on importing data from other sources.
We have guru developers and architects that have ALL the Microsoft certifications. Create your own Web Parts, .Net, Office365 APIs, SharePoint Online and Integration with Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory (AD), and SQL Server.
If you properly implement SharePoint, it will transform your company’s productivity. Employees will be more efficient, you’ll have better access to your company’s data, and you’ll be able to better report on key metrics. HingePoint’s custom SharePoint solutions have helped many companies struggling with unorganized data and manual, multi-step processes. Those same customers have transitioned into a more organized, productive organization through automated workflows and easy-to-search information.--
About HingePointHingePoint offers cloud and mobile applications for construction and real estate that are easy to adopt and employees love. Specializing in the systems that run the construction and real estate business including SharePoint, Salesforce, Procore, MS Dynamics, and Autodesk. Scale and grow profitably with Financial and Project Management Dashboards, document management, and workflow automation for field to office collaboration. HingePoint 8105 Rasor Blvd. Suite 241 Plano, TX 75024 (214) 301-0000 www.hingepoint.com [post_title] => Benefits of Using SharePoint & Office 365 [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => open [post_password] => [post_name] => benefits-using-sharepoint-office-365 [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-03-24 12:31:04 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-03-24 17:31:04 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.hingepoint.com/?p=14234 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw ) ) [post_count] => 10 [current_post] => -1 [in_the_loop] => [post] => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 15344 [post_author] => 3 [post_date] => 2021-01-10 13:05:56 [post_date_gmt] => 2021-01-10 19:05:56 [post_content] =>
Leveling Up Your Business Dashboards with Microsoft Power BI & SharePointMicrosoft Power BI is a fantastic solution for analytics that helps businesses to extract data and exchange insights within their organizations. It mainly improves productivity by showing immediate results. Using SharePoint without Power BI integration can make business analytics challenging. Doing so is not time-efficient, and it makes it difficult to fetch accurate data. It also lacks reporting visuals that make it easier to see progress. At HingePoint, we make sure you get all the advantages of Microsoft Power BI with a far more tailored approach. This tool can be integrated with Microsoft Office 365 applications, which is convenient for all employees since it is commonly the software companies use for data collection, sales reports, presentation, and more. Using immersive data visualizations, organizations can finally track their progress with this platform.
Why do we need Power BI reports and dashboards?
- Data Source (Fetching data in Power BI)
- Data Validation/ Data Structure
- Attractive designing (Look and Feel of reports)
- Easy search and Filter (ease of data viewing)