Rume Property Management needed a Document management system that would allow for cloud-to-cloud migration of form submission data, access requests, and other documents required to run a smooth real estate company. Their existing system was insecure, and granting access to properties/onboarding new tenants and employees was difficult due to lack of document governance and permissions. There additionally was no clear path to sharing data with external partners. HingePoint created a custom SharePoint document management system that enabled Rume Property to manage security and permissions easily, and made department and individual property site folders easily accessible and streamlined. HingePoint also created custom power automate flows to automate business processes.
- Subsites being used in tenant causing issues with managing security.
- Granting access and onboarding difficult due to lack of security governance.
- No clear way to share data with external partners.
- Only show navigation elements to users who have access.
Custom training guides, 1-on-1, and group training sessions
Lock down DMS sites with security groups to manage user and guest access
Flatten Department and Property site folder structures
Custom Power Automate Flows created to automate business processes
“With Power Automate Flows and SharePoint Online, we have achieved significant improvements in our business processes.
“The DMS and training sessions have made finding documents a lot easier. With this, I am more productive on a day-to-day basis.”
Project by the numbers
- 37 total sites in the DMS (14 Property, 18 Department, and 5 External Partner sites)
- 100+ users
- 4 centers in DMS (Employee, Property, Department, and External)
- 50 security groups used to manage user and guest access
- Powerful Search
- Standardized Folder Structure
- Standard Naming Conventions
- Secure Internal and External Collaboration
- Auditable System
Who Was Helped:
- RUME Executive Team
- Management Team Members