- Autodesk community forums
- Autodesk developer API blogs
- Autodesk training resources
- Best mobile apps
- Autodesk app exchange
- Social media guide to Autodesk
- Industry groups
HingePoint Highlights of 2015 – Did You Know?HingePoint had a big year in 2015. Here are a few highlights from our year including several that will be relevant to you and your projects in 2016. We are excited about the upcoming year!
This past year, HingePoint:
- Completed nearly 10 years in business! In February of 2016, it will have been 10 years since our founder began “Innovating Through Systems” ™. The firm is blessed and grateful for everyone we’ve worked with along the way. It has been an honor and a privilege to work together and serve you. We have Big Hairy Audacious Goals (BHAGs) for the next 10 years as well. Do you need help implementing your Ideas? Sign up for an Idea Lab now, to accomplish your best results in 2016.
- Added new clients and several are names you might recognize. Many thanks to all companies that trusted their brands to HingePoint in 2015.
- Under Armor
- Holiday Inn
- Promesa Investments
- Rolled out BIM with ROI™. The “Turn-Key” solution with an unusual name, combines all building information into a simple model that is easy to use; easy to interface, and mobile friendly! Ask for a demo today. Full services available to power your innovation are:
- CAD to Revit Conversions
- 3D Virtual Sample Rooms
- Manufacturing Product Catalogs in 3D
- Architectural and Engineering Brand Prototypes
- Photorealistic Renderings and Fly Throughs
- Design and Construction Documentation
- Facilities Management
- Made a productivity app! The BOM To Excel Revit App is a powerful tool that mines BIM data from your 3D models and packages it into a powerful and friendly Bill of Materials (BOM) report. Users can then export data to Excel for use with clients and teams. The new process saves you 100’s of hours of data processing and like all our work, the app’s Results are Guaranteed, Literally Guaranteed(TM). This is a full blown productivity app so expect value and expect performance. Download your Free Trial today >>
- Strengthened our Autodesk Partnerships – At the December 2015 Autodesk University conference, HingePoint will be participating in pilot projects and providing Autodesk consulting services for the following new products:
- BIM360 Docs cloud platform - the next generation unified cloud platform
- Building Ops - a facilities management mobile cloud platform from Autodesk
- Expo - 3D rendering and gaming cloud service
- Forge - an early adopter program for the Forge cloud services platform and new BIM cloud product development
Giving Back Is As Easy As Riding A BikeHingePoint is as serious about giving back to the community as it is about providing innovative integration solutions for our clients. So, we are suiting up in our HingePoint team cycling jerseys (and yes, those funky biking shorts) for the 24th annual Collin Classic Bike Rally on Saturday, June 13, 2015. Proceeds benefit the important work of City House. City House is a Collin County nonprofit agency founded in the late ‘80s by two teachers. Some of their students were facing very adult problems – homelessness, violence and neglect. And so, the mission of City House was born. HingePoint is privileged to be one of the official sponsors for this event that provides fun activities for all ages and much-needed provisions for City House. Serious cyclists, as well as weekend and family riders, are all welcome to join the annual Rally. We’re excited to roll out any support we can to City House and it’s main sponsor – The Andrea-Mennen Family Foundation (TAFF). Rudy G. Andrea, the President/Treasurer of TAFF and a friend to the HingePoint team, introduced us to the Collin Classic Bike Rally fundraiser for City House, via his local biking club called the Rudy Ride. Rudy Andrea is raising the level of awareness throughout the cycling community about many worthy causes in the Metroplex. We are thankful to get involved in a worthy cause and proud to cycle weekly with Rudy and his pals. [caption id="attachment_11588" align="alignleft" width="300"] HingePoint sponsors Collin Classic and the Rudy Ride cycling kit[/caption] HingePoint makes it a point to be intentional about giving back, volunteering and fostering a service-oriented company culture. We encourage our associates to invest 4 hours a week in service to others by utilizing personal talents in various organizations and causes. In addition, we provide pro-bono services to many charities and ministries that rely on technical systems to fulfill their mission. Our offering is the gift of systems integration, which can be combined with other charity and ministry gifts to maximize impact in local communities. For many, biking brings up wonderful memories – freedom; the wind in your hair; training wheels finally coming off and discovering the world within your neighborhood. As good as that felt, it will feel “doubly good” to hop back on your bike and give to kids in need. City House has been around for 26+ years and they do more than provide emergency shelter and transitional services for young people ... they empower change and transform lives. [caption id="attachment_11589" align="alignright" width="225"] HingePoint trains for the Collin Classic by riding around Lake Tahoe CA before doing a systems integration workshop with a client in California.[/caption] On Saturday June 13th, get involved by jumping on a bike, making a donation and bringing focus to this important organization.
Links For The Event:http://www.collinclassic.org http://www.cityhouse.org http://www.tamff.org https://www.hingepoint.com [post_title] => HingePoint Sponsors 2015 Collin Classic Bike Rally [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => open [post_password] => [post_name] => hingepoint-sponsors-2015-collin-classic-bike-rally [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2018-02-12 04:02:03 [post_modified_gmt] => 2018-02-12 10:02:03 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.hingepoint.com/?p=11586 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw ) ) [post_count] => 8 [current_post] => -1 [in_the_loop] => [post] => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 13896 [post_author] => 14 [post_date] => 2018-01-18 10:29:54 [post_date_gmt] => 2018-01-18 16:29:54 [post_content] => HingePoint's CEO, Bryce Finnerty, was recently quoted in the article "Unleashing Document Access to Unlimited Users" on Engineering.com. Finnerty gave insight on BIM 360 Docs and how they played a role preventing errors and fostering their client relationships. In this case, Finnerty was meeting with a client at Starbucks. BIM 360 Docs allowed him to access 3D models to share with his client.
"When we do BIM models for our clients, we deliver them here on mobile apps,” said Finnerty. “While at a Starbucks, I was able to drill down [and] use the tool right there to facilitate a meeting with an important client. This is a very easy way to show off your designs and your work and collaborate on your data.”
Finnerty was able to determine that the source of the problem was the metal fabricator, which veered off course during the project.
"The moral of the story is that while everything was connected to the BIM model, everything was going great,” said Finnerty. “The first person to get disconnected from the BIM model made the first big mistake."Read the rest of the article here on Engineering.com [post_title] => HingePoint's CEO Featured on Engineering.com [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => open [post_password] => [post_name] => hingepoint-ceo-featured-engineering [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2018-02-20 23:47:36 [post_modified_gmt] => 2018-02-21 05:47:36 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.hingepoint.com/blog/bim/in-bimtopia-world-project-atlas-is-bridge-between-2d-and-bim-copy/ [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw ) [comment_count] => 0 [current_comment] => -1 [found_posts] => 8 [max_num_pages] => 1 [max_num_comment_pages] => 0 [is_single] => [is_preview] => [is_page] => [is_archive] => 1 [is_date] => [is_year] => [is_month] => [is_day] => [is_time] => [is_author] => [is_category] => 1 [is_tag] => [is_tax] => [is_search] => [is_feed] => [is_comment_feed] => [is_trackback] => [is_home] => [is_404] => [is_embed] => [is_paged] => [is_admin] => [is_attachment] => [is_singular] => [is_robots] => [is_posts_page] => [is_post_type_archive] => [query_vars_hash:WP_Query:private] => 5afa8bc4e501a5c3a11aeb59727866f7 [query_vars_changed:WP_Query:private] => [thumbnails_cached] => [stopwords:WP_Query:private] => [compat_fields:WP_Query:private] => Array (  => query_vars_hash  => query_vars_changed ) [compat_methods:WP_Query:private] => Array (  => init_query_flags  => parse_tax_query ) )