If you’ve watched any television this Christmas season, then you’ve seen a lot of ads running about virtual reality headsets. They are the hot item this Christmas.
However, virtual reality headsets don’t just make a good gift, they are going to completely change how real estate developers show properties and construction companies do work. They actually make Building Information Models truly 3D.
Below you’ll find a price comparison and two videos we created on headsets while at Autodesk University 2016.
Breakdown on Price
Operating software is a mobile phone and it has to be Samsung.
The performance and visual experience all depends on which Samsung cell phone you are using.
- Uses a 2160 x 1200 resolution, working at 233 million pixels per second, with a 90Hz refresh rate (matches HTC Vive for refresh rate).
- Don’t need a lot of floor space to use the product.
- Easy setup-not a lot of cables
- Comfortable and light weight
- Has earphones-don’t have to use but option for “passive noise isolation”
- Lots of space (floor space) is required to VR with HTC Vive
- Plugs into PCs
- 70 sensors to offer 360 Degree head-tracking as well as 90HZ refresh rate (stat is key to keeping down “motion sickness”)
- Swappable foam inserts-for many people using
- Adjustable straps-comfortable
- Superb resolution but configured more for gaming
Blends virtual and augmented reality to make one of the most ambitious launches ever planed. The device merges real-world elements with virtual ‘holographic’ images, meaning you can look at your Minecraft world on your kitchen table, or walk around the surface of Mars in your living room.
Check out our DAQRI Smart Helmet review from Autodesk University 2016.
HSBCAD Showcases Augmented Reality, HoloLens Demo at Autodesk University
HingePoint covers the AEC Industry and is the author of The AEC Industry 4.0 Report and the Autodesk Industry Report 2017. HingePoint helps construction and real estate development companies take control of their company’s information. We combine systems, software, and data so all company information can be seen and accessed from one screen, like a smartphone or computer. We specialize in BIM, 3D modeling, virtual reality (VR) Augmented Reality (AR) systems integration for construction and commercial real estate development.